Saturday, April 29, 2006
was chatting to my brother the other dae..and somehow we drifted to the topic of growing up and the uncertainty of the future.. so he told me tis short story about planning ahead..
Once upon a time there was a young man who idled all day long, job hopping here and there but not settling down with a proper job. One day, he was walking along the beach when he found a magic lamp. Doing what others would, he rubbed the lamp. "Poof!" A genie appeared infront of him. But because this genie was not a powerful genie, he told the young man that he could only grant him one wish.So the young man thought and thought, then said to the genie," I need 10 years to think of what I want." The genie agreed to come back 10 years later and with another "poof", he was gone.10 years passed and the genie reappeared infront of the young man and asked him what he wanted. The young man told him,"I know what I want already, but now I need another 10 years to think of how to carry out my plans." The genie agreed.Another decade passed and once again the genie came before the young man. He said,"So young man, what is it that you want me to grant you?" This time, the young man said,"Genie, I realised what I want and have done all my planning. However, I am already old thus it is difficult for me to carry out my plans to achieve what i want."so the lesson learnt from this story is: follow your heart and plan ahead so that you wont regret in the future
(thou it is easier said than done).then my brother gave me tis interesting ting to do.
tis question is very popular in japan..
the task is to connect all the nine dots below together using
four straight lines only.
can you do it?

crack ur brains and think hard!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
still cant get it? hee.
scroll down for the answer!
Labels: Quizzes For The Bored, Quotables
♥ a flower bloomed
11:39 AM